Regional Email Marine Weather Reports
Plain-text forecast averaging 5k-or-less in length for easy reception via HF radio email or sat phone email, even SkyMate.
E Caribbean (E of 72W) / W Caribbean (W of 72W) / Bahamas-Florida (and W Atlantic & US E Coast in season).
Sufficient detail to help you make weather-related decisions, and may offer insights we don't have time for on SSB Nets (and do provide updated info in the event of severe/Tropical or rapidly-changing weather).
But Regional Email forecasts focus on coastal / cruising areas, and are NOT intended for use while offshore passagemaking.
Always in 5 sections:
- Satellite Wind observation summary from past 12hrs.
- Averaged BUOY observations from the past 6-12hrs.
- Satellite / RADAR Imagery summary.
- Synopsis of significant weather features.
- Specific 5-day forecasts for the following parameters at various spots (breakdown of spots varies, with finer detail when warranted) in popular Cruising grounds:
- Precipitation, including a wind-velocity estimate ("squalls to 40k" means squalls with total wind to 40k / "squalls with 5-8k enhanced wind" means add 5-8k to the gradient wind forecast in squalls), and coverage estimate (from isolated to scattered to numerous).
- Wind, usually given in degrees True, and a specific velocity (while I do NOT suggest my forecast is this precise, forecast TRENDS are vitally-important, and giving you specific numbers helps you identify relevant trends.
- Seas, including height & direction & interval of both the wind-driven wave, and any significant swells.
- Occasionally SUGGESTIONS when I feel they're appropriate.
ALL Regions include details on all Tropical weather events.
$199/yr (combine with SSB Voice Nets & simultaneous Webcasts for just $299/yr)